Last revised: August 19th, 2018
Y-Legal Reasoning maintains an ongoing commitment to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Accordingly, any personally identifiable information provided by you to us when you use this website shall be used in accordance with the conditions outlined in this agreement.
Y-Legal Reasoning may change this policy periodically by updating this website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with the terms of this agreement.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the website. While using the Y-Legal Reasoning website, you may have the opportunity to register for information services. Accordingly, depending on the process, you may be asked to provide the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
- Email address
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Y-Legal Reasoning takes your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, we agree that we will only use the information you provide for the following specific purposes: to effectuate a registration made by you; to customize the content you see; to improve the content and overall look and feel of our website and services; and to contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, when necessary.
We agree that we will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party marketers. We will not share your personal information with other third-parties unless we have your permission or in response to a validly issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf.
From time to time, we may employ the use of return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Finally, we agree that we will never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us by you in any way that violates or is otherwise unrelated to the means described in this agreement, without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Please note: No personally identifiable information is collected with the cookies that we set. Accepting cookies while on the website will not put the user at risk for marketing to other sites.
Web Statistics & Shared Data
We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad aggregate demographic information for reporting purposes. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information.
From time to time, we may use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design our website
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have established appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Website from those we actually know are under 13, nor do we allow registration of users under the age of 13.
Scope of this Agreement; Third Party Websites
Although this agreement applies to the entirety of information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by Y-Legal Reasoning, it does not apply to entities that are not owned or controlled by us.
You may “opt in” to receive newsletters and other useful information from us. To unsubscribe from our mailings (except important system and content update information detailed below), you may do so in the unsubscribe option in our emails.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the website
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the website, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the website will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the website.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.